I love to explore. I live to create
Creativity excites me. It always has done. Just as much now as it did 11 years ago when I started out at a small agency in a barn in the middle of nowhere.
It was a lucky beginning: I was a post grad, grateful to have been given an opportunity. Working on small stationery / website jobs, I grew as the business grew and eventually got the chance to work on brands that had always been a pipe dream.
I left after 5 years having been given a career changing opportunity at AKQA, Amsterdam. Working with a young, excited, passionate team, I dabbled in the likes of Heineken and the infamous Nike before moving back to London.
Life changed again. I spent another 5 years in the AKQA offices collaborating with an amazing array of talented people. We worked hard on apps (Dyson), comms (Marks and Spencer) and websites (Nissan). Live work. Pitch work. Internal work. We did everything. Those were some of my best years and the people are like family.
Throughout that time, I also focused my energies on running, travelling, volunteering, judging. Outlets that I'm super passionate about. They give me a renewed sense of perspective that feeds into my own values and ethos as a creative.
I very much believe that that's what lead me to Google. The hunger and desire to add a greater value and meaning to what I do. The user comes first and I have the chance to help connect their lives in ways I never thought possible a decade ago.
I'm part of a global community of exceptional talent and I'm really humbled to have been considered worthy to be a part of that...
Two crazy years and counting...
- Google SOS Alerts
- Searching for Syria (in Partnership with UNHCR)
- Beyond The Map
- Google Trusted Contacts
- Mont Blanc Street View Trek
- Petra Street View Trek
- Android - Be together, not the same
Honours and Awards
- Awwwards Site of the Day - Searching for Syria
- Awwwards Honourable Mention - Searching for Syria
- FWA Site of the Day - Searching for Syria
- Awwwards Honourable Mention - PetraVR
- FWA Site of the Day - PetraVR
- FWA Site of the Day - Petra Street View Trek
- FWA Adobe Cutting Edge - Petra Street View Trek
- Design Week Awards (Interactive) - Mont Blanc
- Awwwards Site of the Day - Petra Street View Trek
- Awwwards Honourable Mention - Petra Street View Trek
- Searching for Syria - FWA Insights
- Petra VR Experience - FWA Insights
- Awwwards Juror 2016-2018
- Guest Lecturer - Southampton Solent University
For a six month period at the start of 2016, I started exploring new opportunities, adventures and challenges.
Agency and role
- The Bio Agency - Senior Art Director
- Sapient - Lead Designer
- Google Brand Studio - Designer
- D&AD Judge - New Blood Festival
Having started at AKQA Amsterdam in 2009 as a Senior Designer, I moved to London the following year and have since received two promotions: Art Director (2010) and Senior Art Director (2014).
- Marks and Spencer
- Virgin Money
I started at Bluhalo as a Junior designer in 2004 after graduating. Over my five year period at the company, I worked my way up to Lead Creative, running a small team of four.
- Tottenham Hotspur
- Liverpool FC
- Cancer Research UK
Having been accepted into Winchester School of Art to study Foundation Art and Design (2000-2001), I then went on to study at Portsmouth University (2001-2004).
- BA (Hons) Communication Design. First Class
- Foundation Diploma. Pass with Distinction.